Sunday, October 7, 2007

Selling the House

Yes, I am trying to sell my house and it sucks. I know that is not a nice word, but I really don't know how else to describe what is a very painful process. My house has been on the market for a year!!! I have two children (three if you count their father) and it is tough keeping everything looking good. I am soooooo tired of all the rejections. I'm tired of trying hard and no one wanting to look a second time. I'm tired of no offers and nonsense low-ball offers. I am just tired of it. I realize that I should be thankful that I am just trying to sell my house and that it's not something fatal (really - thank goodness, knock on wood, etc.)... I am trying to be positive for the children, but it sucks. I feel like a moaner and a whiner all the time and that's not fun to be around. If someone, anyone, would just buy my house so we can start over it would be so great. I never thought that at 45 years old this would be happening to us. I really thought that by the time you are 45, everything would be in place and you would be planning your retirement. I wasn't ready for this stress ball that it my life these days. I keep trying to figure out what this life lesson is. I keep telling the higher powers that I am learning, that I am grateful for what I have and as long as my family is together the other stuff is not important. I get it... so why can't it be over yet?

Today some people came to look at the house and I have resorted to superstition. Yes, I gave my spouse a gargoyle years ago and he has it in his office. I was trying to sleep last night and my mind wandered to the gargoyle. I thought... I think I got him that the Christmas before his company decided to "restructure". That can't be a good. So, first thing this morning, the gargoyle was out the door and off the property. Hopefully, we will get an offer and be done with it. (The gargoyle will be on the way to the dump.) If it doesn't work, well the "lucky" bamboo better watch out because it's next!!!!

One last thing - why does stress love food?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Who knew you were such a funny writer? You have a new career!

Ruby said...

Lisa's right -- you are very very funny, even when it hurts. I have invoked every superstitious remedy I can think of on your behalf. I love you so much.
P.S. Yes, stress loves food :) dammit.