Sunday, November 11, 2007

A Ray of Sunshine

We picked up a puppy last Saturday and boy is she sweet. My little girl named her Grace (aka Gracie) and my little boy decided she needed a middle name so... he named her Judy. So funny. He thinks that Judy is a funny name. So Grace Judy is a 13 lb puff ball of joy. Unlike her predecessor, Nala, she is very fresh, loves to bite and well, she's a talker. She likes her rawhide bone, but when it won't squeak or break she gets down low to the ground, stalks it and then barks her head off. It is so funny. Although, not so funny when she is barking and nipping at me. She starts obedience school on Wednesday and not a moment too soon. Gracie is a Newfoundland and she must be trained early or she will be too big and willful to control. I think she is going to love it though. Today the funny thing she did was run away from the vacuum cleaner when it was on and then when I turned it off she attacked it. She is really strong. I had unplugged it and was going to the laundry room to get something I needed when out of the corner of my eye the vacuum was moving across the floor. Gracie was pulling it by the cord all around the kitchen. She is something else. Gracie is such a great distraction. I love her.

Another ray of sunshine of the cautiously optimistic variety... two couples have come back to see my house for the second time. I have everything I own crossed that something good will happen. Please, please, please.

Once I figure out how to download pictures from our new camera, I will post some of the precious doggie and precious kids. bye

2 comments:

Ruby said...

So cute! I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you. XOXO

Lisa said...

That is one cute puppy. I'm hoping for lots of house sale mojo....